Saturday, August 15, 2009

Fuck

So last night I was alone in my house. I got back from the cottage a day earlier to go to a "going away party" for those leaving. Of course the whole thing was a massive flop and barely anyone showed. So I got home at 12ish turned on tv to Much Music playing Gallow's song "In a Belly of a Shark". Needless to say I stoked, mainly because Much Music has been in a major downward spiral for the longest time (started when they recognized the Jonas Brothers as musicians.) So Im rocking out to it then I noticed they bleeped out the line "so fucking cold, so fucking dark". I know all about censorship, but c'mon at 12 you can unbleep it, because no 5 year old is going to be in a room where the song is playing and suddenly be "hurt" by it. Kind of annoyed me that once the song was done the next song up was that song by Flo'rida, no idea what its called but I know its about blowjobs. Now why not censor that out? I think a song about blowjobs would have a more psychological effect on someone that just the word fuck. Why is Gallows reduced to being played at 12 while this "blowjob" of a song is played basically 24/7. I have no problems with blowjobs, infact they're great when you get them but seriously, we have all these fucking adult professionals freaking out about one song that says fuck a couple of times when another song about blowjobs hardly causes a stir. Another example you be that one song by Lady Gaga, now I admitt she's hot but can't write for shit. "I wanna take a ride on your disco stick". Someone I knew sang that infront of me, I didn't know whether or not she was hitting on me, thankfully she wasn't. I realize these musicians are popular but its always the real musicians, stuck up asshole parents go after i.e. Slayer. Lets destroy pointless censorship and say a loud fuck you to the censors.

No comments:

Post a Comment