Thursday, July 2, 2009

Zoom, kick, persuasion, tech.

So I thought I'd get the ball rolling by starting to talk about one of my favourite musicians, Buck 65. My relationship with Buck started back in 2003 when an ad for a show of his in Toronto was on the screen of Much Music with the song "Wicked and Weird" in the background. I didn't like rap/hip-hop at this time but man, that 30 seconds was in my mind for the longest time and eventually I wandered my way to the local record store and bought "Talkin' Honkey Blues", love ever since. For the past couple of months all I've been listening to is post-metal, doom and punk rock and today I had the biggest urge to listen to Buck 65 and our love came tumbling back. My favourite track, hands down, has to be "Blood of a Young Wolf" there is something about this song that chills my bones, the absolute beauty and wonder of this track makes me feel tingly inside.

"Blood of a Young Wolf"

Absolutely fantastic.

-Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment